We will be running our Branding and Marketing Course for Genre Novelists in April 2016.
Course Coming April 2016
If you’d like to be notified when registration for this course opens early Spring 2016, sign up here:
- What do I say on social media?
- How do I find my audience?
- What do I blog about?
- Do I even need to blog?
- How can I market without a budget?
- I hate social media. I don’t have the time to market myself and/or my books.
If you have any of these questions and concerns as a romance or other genre novelist, then you may not be focusing on what’s essential on your author marketing.
Nowadays, authors do more than just book marketing. We must market ourselves as a brand.
But authors tend to be private people. And we put so much work into our books, what do you mean we have to market ourselves, you may think?
You can develop an author persona that you feel good about, grow your audience, gather your fans, find people who can spread the word for you, and feel good about your marketing efforts, but it’s not an overnight thing.
And still the most important marketing tool we have is to write a great book.
So, what’s an author to do?
In this course on Branding & Marketing for Genre Novelists, we will build a foundation for your author brand. Authors need to know who they are and what they stand for and then be willing to experiment and play to find what works for them and what is fun. Our overall goal is to have you start your author career off as strongly as you can.
This course is both for unpublished and published authors, independently published and traditionally published. Geared more for beginners, more advanced authors will also find this course useful.
In this self-paced/homestudy course, you will be invited to roll up your sleeves, try out the tools I recommend, and get feedback from the class on your efforts.
We will cover:
- Your core values
- What you stand for
- Defining your audience
- Crafting a 1-sentence branding statement
- Writing an author bio for your blog and social media
- How to use one of the most important tools in marketing: the Call to Action
- How to set up a mailing list
- Who your Key Influencers are and why they’re important
- The importance of launching and campaigns and the basics in how to craft one
- Ways authors can use their blog and what to say in blogging
- Drafting a content plan that plays to your strengths, interests, and what works
This live-version of this course comes with some special features:
• We’ll run a Facebook party.
• We’ll run a Twitter chat.
• We’ll have 1 live webinar.
Lastly, both versions — the self-paced/homestudy course and the live version — come with:
: an added bonus of an online book marketing assessment from Beth Barany, the course instructor, and a 30-minute phone session with her.
Curriculum coming soon. Be sure to sign up above if you’d like to be notified of when this course enrollment begins.